DISCLAIMER: Please ensure you check with state and local authorities for laws governing the use and proper mounting of LED Driving lights.
Modern motor vehicles are increasingly equipped with complex electronics and it is recommended your LED Light Bar is installed by a qualified automotive electrician to ensure they are installed without affecting the vehicle’s electrical system and in built computer system. A qualified automotive electrician is trained to ensure the installation will meet the ADR (Australian Design Rule) regulatory requirements. It is highly recommended to use a licensed auto electrician to install the lights and the accompanying wiring harness. ALWAYS take care when handling electrical wiring, placing undue force on wiring / cables can result in damage internally and cause the wiring to fail.
- Our Quick Fit Harness comes fitted with 12v relay. If your application is 24v you will need to swap out the relay with a 24v, which is sold separately.
- Always consult your vehicles owner manual for information regarding installation and use of accessory lights
- Our Plug & Play wiring harness comes with the most common wiring connector HB3 and H4. In the event your vehicle connectors are not compatible, we recommend the installation be carried out by an automotive electrician.
- The supplied switch in our Plug & Play harness allows you to isolate your driving lights from your high beam. When the switch is ON the light bar will turn on when you activate your high beam switch. When the supplied switch is OFF and your high beam switch is activated, your high beams will turn on, but your driving lights will remain off.
Disconnect the negative battery terminal before commencing any electrical work on your vehicle. Always wear the appropriate safety equipment.
HOW TO CONNECT OUR HIGH BEAM WIRING HARNESS
- RELAY INSTALLATION: Locate a suitable mounting location for the relay which is in close proximity to your battery to ensure the positive and negative cables will reach the + & - terminals of your battery. Do not connect these terminal just yet. Check that the switch and other cables can reach the desired locations, and ensure all cables are routed away from moisture and heat.
- SWITCH INSTALLATION: Run the switch inside the cabin of the vehicle through a suitable pre-existing rubber grommet in the firewall.
- DRIVING LIGHT CONNECTION: Find a suitable pathway from the relay to your driving lights which is clear of heat and moving objects, and connect using the pre-fitted waterproof connector.
- H4 OR HB3 ADAPTOR FITMENT: Remove your factory H4/HB3 connector from the rear of your head light, and connect it to the female adapter on the wiring harness supplied. Then connect the other female H4/HB3 connector to back of your headlights.
- FINAL STEP: Connect the red power cable to + terminal of your battery, and black earth cable to the – of your battery terminal. Check that all connection a securely fastened, and then proceed to reconnect the factory negative terminal of your battery.