Version 2.0 has arrived! Improving on what was already a remarkable platform, our 2.0 STEDI Night Pilot Kit takes things to the next level.
- We have added another CREE XHP50 LED to high beam side. We now have 2 x on the low beam, and 2 x on the high beam side.
- The low beam now includes a reflector cup to better utilise the vehicles reflector, which further ensure that the factory beam and cutoffs are retained.
- We have reduced the proportions of the external heat-sink to facilitate easy installation where space is limited
Your primary headlights are the single most important light source for night driving, and so if your headlights fail after a long day of hunting fishing or camping, the last thing we want is for you to park up until day break.
This is why in our search for the ultimate LED headlight conversion system our criteria was first and foremost long term quality and reliability. We sampled, age and field tested over 20 different conversion kits from every end of the spectrum claims to quality, lumens, to finally settle on the STEDI Night Pilot LED Kit.
KEY TECHNICAL BREAK DOWN
- THERMAL MANAGEMENT - Quite literally the end all be all of all LED Lighting is thermal management. The inferior LED conversion kits use inexpensive non application specific fans which are prone to failure. 11 out of 20 we aged tested failed within 45 days. When the fan fails, the LED will fail shortly thereafter. The STEDI Night Pilot's use a Japanese Ball Bearing Brushless DC Fan which has survived all of our testing with flying colours. Additional thermal management is provided by the cold pressed Al Alloy with thermal conductivity of 226 W/m.K which is 42% more conductive compared to the cheaper kits using die cast heat sinks.
- LIGHT OUTPUT - Needless to say our foremost criteria in light output demanded excellent in lux performance and excellent net light volume, but just as equally important was that the beam must be uniform and free of hot and cold spots.To meet this demand, countless hours of optic ray tracing tests were performed to ensure a universally coherent focal sweet spot is achieved. Powered by Cree's ground breaking XHP50 using the SC5 Technology™ Platform, at 6,000 Lumen on low beam and 6,000Lm on high beam there is no shortage of brightness. We are so confident that our Night Pilots will exceed your expectation, we are offering a 30 day money back guarantee, and a real 24 month replacement warranty.
- CAN-Bus error FREE Module - Sold in Separate Listing. We recommend vehicles manufacturer 2014 + purchase the CANBUS module.
- Electrically Protected again RF and EM Interference
- Over and Under Voltage Protection
- Waterproof connectors
- Plug and Play H4 Connector | No cutting or professional installation required, just plug and play
- Ingress Protection IP65
- True White 6000Kelvin
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Our LED Conversion Kits come with a 100% money back guarantee within 30 days. You're welcome to install and use our conversion kit, and if you're not 100% satisfied send them back to us for a no questions asked refund.
Different vehicles may have different headlight dust-cover caps. In some cases this may not fit, or may require modification to fit once our conversion kit is installed.
|HOUSING MATERIAL||6063 AVIATION ALUMINIUM|
|LED CHIP TYPE||4 x CREE XHP50|
|POWER||3.0A HIGH | 3.0A LOW beam|
|RAW LUMENS||6,000LM HIGH, 6,000LM LOW|
|COMPATIBLE VOLTAGE||DC 12v and 24v|
|OPERATING TEMP||-40c to + 80c|
What’s in the box
- 2 x H4 STEDI Night Pilot LED Conversion Headlights
- 2 x Drivers
- User Instruction Manual
Review by Dazza
I would recommend these lights to anyone wanting new lights (Posted on 23/12/2016)
Worth a lot more $$$
Review by Lawry
- I'm running a let of Hi/Lo H4s and also a set of H7 for separate High Beam. Looks like a collapsed sun with everything turned on!!
- Low beam DOESN'T dazzle anyone when aimed properly.
- Range is a little lacking but that make be due to the nature of LED lighting.
- Peripherals could be improved especially for high speed cornering.
- Color and output exceeds HIDs.
- Seems to be high quality construction.
In summary, would be happy to pay more for them and will definitely be recommending them to friends (Posted on 18/11/2016)
Room for improvement
Review by Paul
Low beam visibility increased significantly with only a minor light height adjstment.
What lets them down is the vertical positioning design, the high beam relies on the led's beam angle to reach the lower portion of the headlights reflector and it fails on this leaving majority of the reflector not being used. This gives you a high beam that is not much better then low beam, and the longer distance visibility that you expect from high beam just isn't there.
In saying that though, the low beam is so good that I rarely ever use high beam anymore and the true white colour temp speaks for itself....well worth the money.
Cheers (Posted on 23/10/2016)
High quality, but requires slight design change
Review by Niels
While the factory cut-off line is retained, it is not a great cutoff as there is still a significant amount of light emitted above the line. This is due to the reflector cups being insufficiently sized for the size of the LED emitters.
If the reflector cups are improved I will definitely be buying a pair again as the spread is greatly improved with these bulbs.
My concern is purely because of other road users, excellent product otherwise. Land Rover Defender 300tdi. (Posted on 17/10/2016)
Review by planenutz
Wow! Great products, good prices and fast delivery. Had to call the shop in Melbourne for assistance on something and got awesome, friendly advice. Highly recommended. :) (Posted on 5/10/2016)
A lot of light for a reasonable amount of money
Review by david
Review by Simo
best quality and Value 5 stars
Review by terry
Ohh Yeah, get these..
Review by Troy
They took about 15 minutes to install and for the first time in 20 years, my old truck is a dream to drive at night. (Posted on 22/07/2016)
Review by Kumar
Review by Luke
Review by Keiran
Brilliant product !
Review by Dan
Exceeded my expecations
Review by Nathan
Write Your Own Review
Plastics head lights
Will these fit and be ok considering not a glass light
I have a 1990 Model Ford courier and am wondering if i need the CANBUS module for these lights to work
The LC200 GXL will require H11 for our low beam, and HB3 for the high beam. We have included a link to both below;
Just wanted to know if these are a direct replacement for the globes in a 2012 D40 Nissan Navara STX-550, which have the adjustable headlights?
Also, are the dust covers expected to fit back on after installing this kit.
I have a 1999 model Nissan Patrol Y61 wagon. Would these LED upgrades fit my headlights?
Cheers. Regards, Mark
I have an Australian delivered 1974 Porsche 911 with H4 headlights and H4 type globes .
Will these fit and play in place of the current H4 globes and if they do does there need to be some modification so the conversion kit goes in the headlight housing .
Do these fit the 120series Prado 2008. Concerned about length of the back side as space is limited between headlight and battery
Fit 04 f250 ford super duty all so best light bar to fit on bull bar below driving lights combo set up with empfisis on distance have got 26' in length but only 4' in height depth is not an issue
Any help much appreciated