HB3 | HB4 | H3 | LED Head Light Conversions
Your primary headlights are the single most important light source for night driving, and so if your headlights fail after a long day of hunting fishing or camping, the last thing we want is for you to park up until day break.
This is why in our search for the ultimate LED headlight conversion system our criteria was first and foremost long term quality and reliability. We sampled, age and field tested over 20 different conversion kits from every end of the spectrum claims to quality, lumen, to finally settle on the STEDI Night Pilot LED Kit.
KEY TECHNICAL BREAK DOWN
- THERMAL MANAGEMENT - Quite literally the end all be all of all LED Lighting is thermal management. The inferior LED conversion kits use inexpensive non application specific fans which are prone to failure. 11 out of 20 we aged tested failed within 45 days. When the fan fails, the LED will fail shortly thereafter. The STEDI Night Pilot's use a Japanese Ball Bearing Brush-less DC Fan which has survived all of our testing with flying colours. Additional thermal management is provided by the cold pressed Al Alloy with thermal conductivity of 226 W/m.K which is 42% more conductive compared to the cheaper kits using die cast heat sinks.
- LIGHT OUTPUT - Needless to say our foremost criteria in light output demanded excellent in lux performance and excellent net light volume, but just as equally important was that the beam must be uniform and free of hot and cold spots.To meet this demand, countless hours of optic ray tracing tests were performed to ensure a universally coherent focal sweet spot is achieved. Powered by Cree's ground breaking XHP50 using the SC5 Technology™ Platform, a there is no shortage of brightness. We are so confident that our Night Pilots will exceed your expectation, we are offering a 30 day money back guarantee, and a real 24 month replacement warranty.
- CAN-Bus error FREE Module
- Electrically Protected again RF and EM Interference
- Over and Under Voltage Protection
- Waterproof connectors
- Plug and Play H Connector | No cutting or professional installation required, just plug and play
- Ingress Protection IP65
- True White 6000 Kelvin
Different vehicles may have different headlight dust-cover caps. In some cases this may not fit, or may require modification to fit once our conversion kit is installed.
HB3 | HB4 SPECIFICATIONS
|LED QUANTITY||2 LEDS|
|COLOUR TEMP||6,000 KELVIN|
|AMP DRAW||2.8A @ 14V(EACH)|
What’s in the box
- 2 x STEDI Night Pilot LED Conversion Headlights
- 2 x Drivers
- Mounting Hardware
- User Instruction Manual
HB3 Landcruiser Hi-Beam Review
Review by Wildlife Horizons
The LED bulbs are bright, same wattage as the HB4 (Low-Beam), however, there is room for improvement with these purely in the way of tuning the focal beam.
I found that the Hi-Beam gets lost in the low beam and is quite dispursed, considering that the halogen bulbs that were removed were very spot like and cast a beam a good 200 - 300mtrs, even if the beam was somewhat yellowish.
After doing a little testing trying to get the best beam from the LED's, I figured that there is only two adjustments for the LED bulbs. This is not enough to find tune to get the best beam from the headlight design.
I would recommend that the manufacturer do some R&D in this area. The bulb mounting flange needs to have 4 screw holes at 90° increments and 4 screw holes at 90° but offset by 45°. This would provide 16 mounting positions of the bulb for beam tuning. Or 8 holes in the mounting flange at 45° increments.
I discovered this by rotating the HB3 bulb while facing a blank wall and observing the beam pattern and how it lights up the road. Unfortunately the current mounting flange does not offer this and the beam spread is limited.
The Halogen bulbs light evenly in the headlight reflector at 360° providing a direct distribution of light pattern and spread. With the LED bulbs, they presently broadcast the beam sideways and not forward that much. The beam is almost directly sideways lighting up the road beside the vehicle, but little going forward to light the road ahead.
In my earlier review I mentioned about using some cheap heatsinks to reduce the heat, well it works very well. From having the Canbus driver blisteringly hot, to an acceptable temperature from the little cost of $4 to do all 4 Canbus drivers.
In all, bright enough, but there is considerable room for improvement for beam tuning. (Posted on 7/12/2016)
Best Lights I've Ever Used
Review by Wildlife Horizons
I have been using Halogen Ultra white bulbs for many years, but after fitting the LED's in the low beam, my ultra white high beam halogen bulbs are very yellow and so much duller than the LED low Beams.
I am now ready to replace the halogen high beam bulbs with these LED kits from Stedi.
I have noticed that the Canbus Drivers get quite warm with contineous use, so I would recommend that you get some cheap heatsinks from Jaycar to assist in heat reduction of the Canbus Driver. Why would you want to do this? Because the Canbus is an Electronic device, and Heat is a major source of reducing the longevity of electronic devices. A could different types of heatsinks will work, a larger unit for about $7 which will hold two Canbus drivers or a self adheasive one that can be directly attached to the Canbus driver that will help lower the operational temperature of the device.
I would highly recommend these LED bulbs as they are the best I have used and the inbuilt cooling fan is very quiet and there is ample room between the LED heatsink and the heavy duty truck battery I have fitted to my Cruiser.
When I purchased my LED bulbs only a couple weeks ago, they were nearly twice the price and if I had waited just two weeks, I could have purchased the HB4 (low beam) and HB3 (high beam) for the same price.
After using these in your vehicle, you wont go back to halogens, they are just that good. (Posted on 5/11/2016)
Write Your Own Review
I have an old 2001 RAV4 and want to improve my lights for general driving and night driving. Im not sure, but I suspect they are H3.Can I use this H3 LED HEAD LIGHT CONVERSION KIT STEDI NIGHT to simply remove old bulbs and install these conversion kits? Do I need to add any additional wiring, relays or any changes at all?Thanks